When it comes to decorating for the holiday season, a beautifully decorated home can help set the mood and tone for gatherings and celebrations. With holiday and Christmas decorations available everywhere you turn, it can become overwhelming to decide how and with what to decorate! These popular Christmas interior decorating ideas will help spark ideas to create the perfect holiday wonderland within your home:
- Pick a Color Scheme – A great place to start when decorating for Christmas to create a color scheme to work with. One popular choice is winter white, which provides a beautiful crisp feeling of winter weather. Adding in accents of color can be done with white to create that winter wonderland feeling. Other color choice options include frosted blue, natural gold tones, deep red, teal, or silver. The options for color schemes are totally up to you!
- Match the style of your Home – Whether your home is super modern and rustic, or a classic or traditional style, matching your Christmas decor to the theme of your home can really make its unique characteristics pop. Search for decor that matches the characteristics of your home.
- Utilize Greenery – Nothing says Christmas like lots of winter greens. Incorporate green color throughout your home by utilizing pine and other Christmas greens.
- Start Fresh each Year – Utilizing the same decor each year can become boring and not exciting. By starting fresh each year, you not only take on a fun project, but change the feel of your home each Christmas season. You can keep similar things, while changing the color scheme, or you can start completely over from scratch.
- Symmetry and Repetition – One way to decorate your home for Christmas is to stay consistent throughout the home. Whether it’s candles or wreathes in each window, or using similar textiles on windows, matching throughout a room gives an even flow.
- Garland – Garland is a simple way to jazz up entryways and staircases. Garland doesn’t take up too much space and can be added to areas with limited space.
- Utilize Scents – Christmas and winter scents are popular amongst many, as they provide that warm feeling and nostalgia we all associate with the Christmas season. Use candles, room sprays, incense, wax warmers, or other scent products to help fill your home with Christmas scents.
- Decorate the entire Home – Many people just choose to stick with their living or dining room areas to decorate for Christmas. Christmas decorations can be placed throughout the entire home for an all-over vibe. Even down to the laundry room decor!
- The Tree – Of course, this seems like a classic one, yet it is very important. Changing up your Christmas tree type, color, decor, size, and lighting can be a fun way to change the entire feel of the space during Christmas. Try New Things- Don’t be afraid to try new things! Experimenting with different Christmas ideas is the perfect way to learn what you like and what you don’t like. If you’re seeking assistance for your new ideas, Evenflow Interiors can help make your Christmas ideas come true. We provide comprehensive interior design services to help you create a home space that reflects your personality and style. Give us a call today to schedule a consultation to learn more about how we can help you design your space!