Frequently Asked Questions
We often get asked these questions about our interior design business so we thought it might be helpful to answer a few here...
1.What does an interior designer do?
In home building, an interior designer is a client's advocate. We are knowledgeable in the building industry and understand the construction process/flow of work and how it relates to job sites. We hold tradesmen to a high standard and keep the job running smoothly and serve as an ally to educate clients and translate their design vision to the builder or architect.
We guide clients through this process minimizing pitfalls or costly mistakes as we can foresee the next steps before they happen.
For an Interior home redesign, our scope of work includes.
- 3-D renderings
- Space planning
- Furniture placement
- Furniture/accessory sourcing & purchasing
- Finish selections
- Plumbing and electrical selection
- Paint & wallpaper selection
- Knowledge of subs trades including building, electrical. plumbing and carpentry.
- Millwork/trim details & design
- Custom built-in design
- Window treatments, privacy treatments, and motorized shade design and installation.
- Art sourcing and installation
2. Why should I hire an interior designer?
Our primary goal is to make your home functional and beautiful. We have knowledge of trades, resources and vendors that offer unique furnishings and accessories. We cut through the hassle and hand you a VIP pass so you can live your life while we work our magic. When working with an interior designer, you get a complete home design rather than piece by piece in order to get the project accomplished in a tasteful, timely, true and tailored fashion.
And when working with Evenflow Interiors, we keep it fun and exciting!
3. When should you hire an interior designer?
The very beginning stages of home design and building are key. We suggest your designer be present from the architectural stage to the completed home.
4. How do I choose the right designer for me?
First check out their portfolio so you can see the kind of work they do - do you like what you see? Then check their reviews and testimonials - word of mouth and the experience of others is very important.
Once you narrow it down, interview them. This is the best way we have found to connect with our clients - whether in person or on a call. The interview, and the testimonials from others will help you have faith that they are the right designer to make your dream a reality.
5. What experience do you have?
- Interior Designer professional since 1999
- Interior Design Firm CEO since 2004
- Construction trades experience since 1989
- Licensed Home Improvement contractor since 2006
- Licensed electrical contractor since 1994
6. Do you work with other trade professionals?
Of course, we are happy to work with other trades, architects and designers. As a full service designer, we also can supply any trade to complete any project.
7. Hiring an interior designer: How does it work?
After an initial phone call, an onsite appointment is scheduled to meet in person and take a look at your project.
We will discuss your scope of work, timeline, investment, wants and needs. We really dig in here to learn about your family and lifestyle. Then a proposal is drafted for your review. It will include a design fee, timeline, scope of work and proposed investment to execute and complete your project.
From there we move forward with design and execution of the plan - and reveal day will arrive before you know it.
8. What is the sequence of phases that my design project will go through?
For you? Curiosity, excitement, frustration, anticipation, elation.
For us? Design. Build. Furnish. Done
9. What happens at the first meeting?
We dive right in and discuss to your wants and needs, family and lifestyle. We need to know how you live your life and how the space will be used. We review any information you can provide for us such as pictures, Pinterest boards, Instagram photos, etc.
This will help us to establish your style, color preferences, must-haves and wish lists
If you’re unsure, this is where our experience comes in, and we will guide you in a style direction.